Monday, June 24, 2013

Knit sleeves: Too-tight to Just Right DIY!


Today's refashion is super quick and easy! (Seriously. Like fifteen minutes, tops.)

I started off with this long-sleeved v-neck.
Gack! My arms are being strangled! It's making the whole top fit weird!

Now the rest of the shirt fit just fine! But those sleeves HAD to go - never mind that it's 90 degrees outside, I couldn't move my arms!

That was fixed with two easy snips!
Buh-bye!

You'll notice I left little cap sleeves on there. I could've left it like that and been done! (That would've been a 1 minute refashion, ya'll.)
But I was inspired by this tutorial, and had to make those sleeves a little fancier!

All you do is use a zigzag stitch across the raw edge of the material, pulling it tight while it feeds through.
Easiest hem ever!
And ta-dah! Lettuce hems!
Look how cute we are!

And there you have it!
Cute and breathable!

Now go forth and do this to all your old long-sleeve shirts!

Simple, no?
I'd love to hear about your simple refashions! How have you saved clothes from being thrown away by refashioning?

Much love to you all! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment