Friday, November 30, 2012

Work in Progress - Submerged

And now for another trade I love; art! :D This piece is totally and completely inspired by the work of Cory Godbey of http://lightnightrains.blogspot.com/ (amazingamazingamazing). I wanted to try to emulate his style of color, which consists of LOTS of different layers, sort of thusly;

pencil sketch
watercolor texture sketch
computer color
make it awesome

Mine is (so very obviously) no where close to his, but I'm going to pretend that's because it's also no where close to done. So here it is so far.


 Mehhhh. It needs so much more work. I want the colors to be a lot more intense, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to layer the textures without totally muting everything else. Oh Photoshop, why dost thou hate me?

No comments:

Post a Comment