Saturday, July 19, 2014

2 Boring T Shirts into 2 Beachy Vests! ~No Sew Tutorial

GUYS. In case you haven't noticed yet . . . it's HOT.
Which makes me feel like this.




But! With my new swimsuit I just made, I can head to the pool! However, our apartment guidelines say you have to wear something over your suit to walk to the pool, and I've been really wanting something light and easy to take on and off!

So I made two different versions of vests:

Start snipping!
One sleeve had already been harvested for other purposes
Annnnd here's where I forgot to take a picture. So I doodled for you :)
Orange lines are where I cut!
Yeah . . . honestly, I don't even know what Mighty Oregon IS (unless it's just the state . . . but the adidas logo tells me otherwise), and I didn't feel like having it on my new vest. So I snipped it off!

Then I tied the new straps I'd cut, and started cutting some fun fringes!
REALLY took me back to camp days . . . I used to fringe-ify my shirts all the time then!

And the bottom needed fringe too. Because I said so.
Left side is what it looks like before you pull on the cut pieces. Pull your fringe!

Vest #1! Boho fun!
Yay fringe!

I kept the Might Oregon "O" - why not?

My second vest started out like this!
Still hot and miserable.

Cut off the sleeves and neckline!

Cut off the hem, cut up both sides, and I widened the new back for a thinner halter-neck.

And that's it!

(To see the original/inspiration blog for this, visit Wobisobi!)


So that's it! 2 super-fast, super-easy no-sew refashions! :D
Happy Summer!
Mwa!



No comments:

Post a Comment