Monday, August 19, 2013

Towel-head Dress Challenge!

A little while ago, we received a package via USPS that said CHOCOLATE on the outside.
It was a pretty big box to be filled with chocolate - my small crock-pot would've had room to slosh around inside that box.

I was excited. 

But then I realized, this probably isn't really chocolate. (I suppressed the tears.) But then I realized, what else would somebody send me in a box this size?

DRESS DONATIONS!
Woohooooo!

You may recognize that dress on the far left, and remember what I just did with it :)

 In case I haven't made it clear, pretty much all the refashions you see here are done with donated items, because I'm not just refashioning for refashions sake (or for my own closet's sake), but to sell the refashioned items for charity!

But what about those four other dresses?

I started trying them on, and while they all basically fit me, I began to realize that they're all kind of the same dress, with slight variations.
The Pink Gauzey Towel-Head Dress
The Black Drop-Waist Towel-Head Dress
The Green Stripe Towel-Head Dress
The Shiny Periwinkle Towel-Head Dress

So here's where I need YOUR help! I want to refashion each of these dresses into something every-day wearable, and I want each one to be different! What should I do?
Comment here or on Facebook!

If I use your idea, not only will you be credited, I'll send you a special HopeCycle prize! (There may or may not be cookies involved.)

But seriously, guys . . . . .
these dresses need help.
Save the Towel-Heads!

2 comments:

  1. I think the first one would make an adorable knee-legnth dress, but I'd try to make the skirt a little fuller by adding gores and add a waist/belt on it to better flatter the figure.
    This ish:

    I'm drawing a blank for the next two unless you wanted to turn them into an Eowyn dress (change necklines, cut slit up black velvet, tie it over etc). . . more mulling may fix this. Suggestion: You don't need to keep them as dresses, maybe make something completely different by cutting out the pattern pieces using the dress as your fabric . . . just a thought. (PS: Google black satin clothing - you get a bunch of fairly good ideas, just be careful of the drape of your finished product.

    The fourth one: I suggest using the fabric of the dress under some other sheer fabric you have to make it less loud. I'm thinking another tunic for this one.

    ReplyDelete