Monday, July 15, 2013

Black Lace Skinnies - boot-cut to skinny DIY

So when I first saw these pants, I was unimpressed. However! After this refashion, I almost want to keep them for myself!

But they started like this.
Black lace over black pants! Dated? Hmmm.

This ended up being a really simple and quick refashion! I simply put the pants on inside out, and pinned along my legs to take in the pants.
Safety pins, so I can get in and out without skewering myself!

And then I just sewed up both sides! (I didn't take a picture, because . . . they're boring. I'm sorry.)
They actually needed to be taken in all the way up, so I sewed about an inch, inch and a half all the way up from the knee. On the left side and I stopped right below the zipper.
And here's the result!

~Fancy paaaaaants!~

Higher waists are in right now, so it's a great time to raid your thrift stores for all those mom pants that need just a tad of updating!
Fancy pants in the sun!

My pet peeve is telling me I need to point out . . . notice how these are fairly fitted, yet still loose? Notice how they aren't painted on - notice how they aren't leggings??
LEGGINGS AREN'T PANTS. STOP COMMITTING THIS ATROCITY.
Leggings are just opaque tights. You don't wear just tights and a shirt. Don't do it with leggings.

There, I'm done. Phew! ^^; Back to the pants!
They look good with blue!

They look good with flats!

You should really just go buy them. Right now. $20 in the Etsy store! Support the fight against Sex Trafficking in America!

Thanks! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment