Monday, February 4, 2013

I want to take a stand. Will you join me?

I have something that bothers me.
I mean, really, really, really bothers me. And I'd like to do something about it.

If you know me, you know that I'm not generally a zealous, passionate person who gets really excited or riled up about . . . well, anything. There are plenty of things that are wrong in the world, plenty of things to take a stand against, but there is one thing that really actually bothers me. Disturbs me. Makes me want to change it.

Sex trafficking. The use, abuse and sale of real-life, first-world/any-world slaves. Men, women and children are all victims. Age, weight, skin color, none of it matters.

According to this article, yesterday's Super Bowl was the "single largest magnet for sex trafficking and child prostitution".

I don't know what I can do about this. But for once, I want to do something. And maybe, somehow, this blog can be part of it.

Will you join me?

1 comment:

  1. Tiny Hands International (https://www.tinyhandsinternational.org) is a Christian non-profit organization dedicated to raising awareness and providing funds for those affected by sex trafficking. They sell some lovely products made by women rescued from this life.

    ReplyDelete